Thursday, April 4, 2013

Drama as A School Subject & Not A Temper Tantrum - 26 Days and A to Z Resources

Drama at our house use to mean someone was on the floor throwing a tempter tantrum. But, with a little re-direction drama with toddlers can be a lot of fun! Check out these resources and pasts posts about things we're using to have a dramatically good time!

1. Playing Dress Ups
Playing dressups can be a great way to practice colors, emotions, and pretend play! You can also practice dressing for the 'ocassion'. Have the kids dress for a fancy ball, to go to work as a plumber, pretend they are a rock star and more. It's a lot of fun, can get out some much needed emotional release and teach a huge variety of concepts. I usually have my kids name the colors, textures, and styles they are wearing during dress up play. Example: green fluffy pants, orange stretchy suspenders, purple lacy dress! Have fun! Here's a previous post on dress ups as well, watch for more posts coming soon as this is one of our favorite games.

2. Puppet Shows
Puppet shows are a great way to re-play stories you are reading, act out problems you are having, or create imagination stations! Here are three great sites for getting you started playing puppets!




3. Drawing Emotions
Last year's D for the A to Z challenge was all about getting emtions out through drawing. Check out the post here!

I hope you have fun and a little drama in your house today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your blog! I can't wait to try all of these with my toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great attitude with kids! And lots of creative ideas (those recycled dinosaur crayons looked pretty cool).

    Admittedly my oldest daughter can be quite the drama queen (sometimes I'm convinced she'll be an actress when she grows up). However, fortunately temper tantrums are not something I have to deal with, at least not full blown ones. :)

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete