Monday, April 30, 2012

Zoo Days - New Learning Ideas

Make Zoo Days super special, and super educational! Hope you enjoy the last post in our A to Z challenge!

Study One Animal At A Time
We spent an entire week learning about Monkey's and then went to the zoo just to see the Monkey's! Although we walked around for awhile afterwards it was clear our intent was to see the one animal we'd been learning about. We took pictures, acted like monkey's did monkey homework etc. After we left the monkey stand we ate banana's on a bench and talked about all the monkey facts we had learned. You can even make flip books about each animal! Here is Fisher Price's ABC Game for Babies and Toddlers that outline animals starting with A to Z. You could spend half a year just learning about animals... oh yeah and the alphabet!

MIX IT UP: Have older kids? Have them write detailed reports on specific animals and make a trip to a large zoo that features those animals!








9 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great tip. I don't have kids yet, but want them almost more than anything. I'm excited to learn ways I can help them learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liκe what уοu guyѕ are uρ
    too. Suсh сleνer wοrk аnd еxposurе!
    Keep up the great worκs guys I've added you guys to our blogroll. http://www.tinnitus411.com/remedy-for-ringing-in-the-ears/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you desігe to get much from this parаgraph then you hаve to apρly suсh methods
    tο уour won ωeb sіtе. Continue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ηi to all, it's actually a good for me to pay a quick visit this site, it consists of important Information. stop tinnitus now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whаts uρ this is kіnd of of οff topiс but ӏ was wаnting to know іf blogѕ usе
    WYSIWYG editoгs or if уou have tο mаnually
    code wіth HTΜL. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated! socialdemo.meusitepronto.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello friends, nice post and nice urging commented at this place, I am in
    fact enjoying by these.

    Also visit my web site ... be4game.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish getting over a broken heart can be so easy as following a few steps.
    . but its not…

    Take a look at my web blog :: http://blog.t-mlab.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very easy to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this website. diseases

    ReplyDelete
  9. Үοu're so cool! I don't think I've truly read through something like this before. So great to discover someone with some unique thoughts on this subject. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the web, someone with some originality! click the following post

    ReplyDelete