Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1500 Book Challenge Update #3

~ We Are on Book 101~                                                               


 
For the past 3.5 weeks my girls and I have been reading like crazy! At first I wondered if we had gotten ourselves in over our heads. However, the past few days the transformation has been amazing! We went from struggling to get 10 books a day read, to reading 13 or more with out any effort. The girls bring me books, ask to read them online, and even get their aunts, uncles, grandfather, dad, anyone... who will read to them to do so! I am making a small list of RULES that have applied to us when starting a book challenge such as this. 

The first rule is: Do not try to read the largest, fanciest, most classic, or the most intellectual books you can find. Read books that are suitable for your children, their age, attention span etc. If those are "Where's Spot" and "Spot at the Circus" style books GO FOR IT! I have found that when we read smaller more interactive books we will read for twice as long as if we try to read even one larger book. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment