Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1000+ Free Online Games For Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers

Here is a list of all the places my kids and I go to find free online games designed for children. We use them to reinforce ideas we've been learning (such as colors, matching, letters, reading, shapes, etc) learn new topics, or just give mommy a few minutes to sit down. Try some of them out and let me know which are your favorites!

Nick Jr.
Tons of free games to match their favorite shows! If they are learning about sharing on Wow Wow Wubbzy then you can go online and play a sharing game! Same with any topic taught on their shows!




PBS Kids
Games that match their shows. Fun little interactive games for babies 12 months plus (we play some of them with our 9 month old and she loves them). My daughter's favorite is the Clifford games!

Fisher-Price
This website offers a variety of games divided up into age groups starting with babies! My girls went crazy for the Peak-a-boo game from a bout 4 to 7 months, and after that they love the coloring game, and the ABC's game. Easy to use, and very entertaining.

Disney.com

Girls Games Now
Over 2500+ games (most of them for young kids, some are for older kids). Designed for girls but not all the games are "girly". I have played these with boys and they don't seem to mind the bright pink background!

Big Fish Games
This site has lots of games from various sites, and some of their own. They have hundreds of games, using popular characters like Dora the Explorer, Spong Bob Square Pants, and even Zhu Zhu Pets so if your children are old enough to play with general assistance and or have characters they are in love with this is a great site.

Random Brain Game- Lumosity
I found this on stumbleupon and my girls love it... honestly I do to! The game it's self is from Lumosity which is also listed below, you do have to create an account to play the games on Lumosity and it will tell you, that you get 5 days premium and then you are dropped down to a free membership with out paying. You can play all (we haven't come across any we can't play, although they may add some or there may be a few we haven't tried to play) the games on this site with the free membership.

Lumosity
You have to create an account here. These games are not specifically designed for babies, they are designed to increase brain function! You can even choose what areas you want to work on. The account is free, although it scared me at first because it said I had a free 5 day PREMIUM membership and then I would be dropped down to the free membership, however we've been able to play all the games with out paying for a premium membership.

Baby Gamer
I got a big lost on this site at first, but they have quite a few games for Infants and Toddlers. They also allow people to post other games they find! Which is awesome because you can check back to see what new finds there have been online for your baby or child (or yourself) to play! Night Animals is a great way to teach kids about the dark! It shows what animals look like in the dark and then you can turn the light on! Perfect for kids who get scared in the dark.

Ze's Page - ZeFrank
Go to interactive toys! So many fun things, these toys will keep you and your children occupied. Make sure you set a timer or you'll get lost in some of these toys and forget to make dinner!

Knee Bouncers
I love this website! SOOOO many fun games, that you can use to reinforce ideas you may already be teaching. Or introduce those ideas to babies and children! They also have an app for apple so if you have an iPhone or iTouch and would like to take your child's favorite games with you... you're golden!

Kodomo Games
These are flash games, a little choppy but their ABC game is really fun. This sight is free to use, however if you find yourself using it a lot you may consider donating a dollar or two to help with their hosting fees.

The Fungooms
This is a family of games (designed for toddlers to school age children). They have some fun concepts but it's defiantly for slightly older children. My 2 year old will play these games for a maximum of about 10 minutes. Where as she'll play some of the other games for hours on end if allowed to. On the other hand I baby sit an 8 year old whom I can't pull away from this site.

Crayola
Just like buying crayons you can draw, create and giggle all day long! Save the couch and the money... and just let your kids draw on your computer for awhile! While you're at it... quiz them on colors!

Mother Goose.com
Monkey Music is our favorite! Easy to use flash games, that often have a lot of sound in them. I will actually just play some of these in the back ground on a loop and let the girls dance to them. Most are single click so Infants and toddlers can do them with out much help.

Owlie
These games are sorted by what computer function they teach! It is awesome! My 2 year old and I play these together to help her understand how to treat a computer! Categories like "mouse function" and "keyboard function" are awesome for teaching children to use a computer nicely... the first step of being able to play alone.

Kiddie Games
This site has a good variety of games in languages other then English (as well as English) it's perfect for children working on learning other languages or getting introduced to other languages. Re-enforces what they learn on Nick Jr shows such as Dora The Explorer.

Toddler Toons
I haven't played this one much but it has been recommended by multiple people. They seem to have mostly flash games, that teach colors, and shapes.

Sesame Street
Recommended by a fellow blogger, and I just checked it out! They have some AWESOME games! Thanks for the comment!

46 comments:

  1. Wow! I could hug you right now! I'm always looking for new games to play with my girls! I'm especially excited about Owlie and the way they sort their content.

    I would also ad SesameStreet.org to the list - they hve some really great educational games for the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the website teachcooklove! I'll add it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!! I can't wait for school time this afternoon to see which Zeke likes best. I have a feeling he'll love them all and will really love the chance to be at the computer. I posted your list: http://www.homemakingexpert.com/2011/01/free-online-games-and-learning-tools.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support! Let us know what he falls in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you
    be familiar with after that you can write or else it is complicated to write.
    My page :: backup camera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing in
    your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!
    My web page :: web design miami beach

    ReplyDelete
  7. What i don't understood is if truth be told how you're no longer actually a lot more neatly-favored than you might be now.
    You are so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly when it comes to this
    topic, made me individually consider it from so many
    various angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be fascinated except it's one thing to do with Woman gaga!

    Your individual stuffs excellent. Always deal with it up!
    My web site :: cheap reborns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does managing a well-established blog such as yours require
    a lot of work? I'm completely new to running a blog but I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like
    to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and views online.

    Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or
    tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!
    Also visit my weblog : Forex Trading Demo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Thank you for
    providing this information.
    My webpage : codes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for
    such info a lot. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.
    Also visit my web page : gagner de l'argent

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to to thank you for this excellent read!! I certainly
    enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite
    to check out new things you post…
    Also see my web page: Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey very nice blog!
    Here is my homepage : private chat room

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to get latest updates,
    so where can i do it please help.
    Take a look at my web site :: Lexington Law

    ReplyDelete
  14. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei best online blogshop for wholesale & quantity korean
    add-ons, accessories, earstuds, pendant, rings, hair, bracelet & bracelet add-ons.
    Promotion 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
    my website - Wholesale ring malaysia shop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I read your blog regularly. Your humoristic style is witty,
    keep it up!
    Feel free to surf my web page :: luis souto ecommerce

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks in support of sharing such a nice idea, post is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely
    Also visit my weblog ... play online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like
    you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do
    with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful
    blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.
    Feel free to visit my web site :: wedding insurance reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the good writeup. It actually used to be a
    leisure account it. Look complicated to more delivered agreeable from
    you! However, how can we communicate?

    Here is my web page - trading technologies

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is just nice and i could
    assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    Feel free to surf to my web page; Shabby Chic Moebel Karlsruhe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hеy! Woulԁ уou mіnd if I share yοur blog with my faceboоκ grοuρ?

    Τhere's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Stop by my webpage ... saving money at disney world
    My web page - how to save money at disney world

    ReplyDelete
  21. For lateѕt news уou have to pay a quick
    viѕit wогld wide ωeb and on
    the web I found thіs ωeb site аs a beѕt ѕite fоr hottеst updates.


    Тake a loоk at my web site cars for kids

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi would you mind ѕtating ωhich blog platform yοu're using? I'm looking tο start my own blog in the near futurе but Ӏ'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm loοking
    for ѕomething unique. Ρ.
    S Ѕorry for getting off-topiс but I had to asκ!


    Feеl free to suгf to my blog upright scooters

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Thiѕ blоg looks exaсtly likе my
    οld оne! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    my web site - wholesale solar panels

    ReplyDelete
  24. Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog and in
    depth information you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information.


    Here is my page Shooting Games

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey,
    I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
    are you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Also visit my site: iPod golf
    my web page :: iPod golf

    ReplyDelete
  26. I understand this is off topic but I'm doing research on starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a website
    like yours would cost a lot of cash? I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks

    Feel free to visit my webpage; Best iPhone App

    ReplyDelete
  27. Outstanding story again!
    I am looking forward for more updates. :=)

    my blog post; How to Golf App

    ReplyDelete
  28. This article is actually a pleasant one it assists new net people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


    Here is my weblog ... website

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed
    in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

    my webpage Visit Here

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already
    ;) Cheers!

    my web-site Visit here

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my
    comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say wonderful blog!


    Feel free to surf to my blog post; click url

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for technology current events

    Also visit my web blog ... website

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for technology
    current events

    Stop by my website website

    ReplyDelete
  34. Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not
    understanding anything totally, however this piece of writing provides good understanding yet.


    Also visit my blog post ... click here

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for finally talking about > "1000+ Free Online Games For Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers"
    < Loved it!

    Look into my blog website

    ReplyDelete
  36. wonderful submit, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector do not understand
    this. You should continue your writing. I am
    confident, you have a huge readers' base already!

    My webpage :: Visit website

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi there! This article could not be written much better!
    Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I will send this
    information to him. Pretty sure he'll have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!

    my web page; click here

    ReplyDelete
  38. Howdy! This blog post couldn't be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!

    my webpage ... Visit website

    ReplyDelete
  39. Marvelous, what a blog it is! This web site provides useful data to us,
    keep it up.

    Here is my site: Visit here

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for another great post. The place else may
    anybody get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing?
    I've a presentation next week, and I'm at the look for such information.



    Have a look at my weblog - Visit here

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on
    websites I stumbleupon everyday. It's always useful to read through articles from other authors and use something from their sites.

    Visit my blog infromtion site

    ReplyDelete
  42. It's actually a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to surf to my page ... Infromtion site

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS
    feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.

    Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.


    Also visit my page; click url

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Look at my page :: photography in Cape Town

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi! I've been reading your site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job!

    my blog; IT consulting Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete